Super Lawyers
AILA badge
BACDL badge
FACDL badge
Federal Bar Association badge
Broward County bar association
Avvo Rating badge

Resisting Without Violence

Fort Lauderdale Criminal Lawyer Bradford Cohen has defended resisting without violence charges prior to trial and at trial. There are many defenses to the crime. If the arrest is illegal you may be able to get your criminal case for resisting without violence dismissed. There also may be other mitigating circumstances that could help your case if made known to the court. Call our offices today at 1888-COHENLAW for a free criminal defense consultation on the issue of resisting without violence.

843.02 Resisting Officer Without Violence to His or Her Person

At Bradford Cohen Law we get many questions from our criminal defense clients and prospective criminal defense clients in regards to pending Resisting an Officer without violence charges against them. A common question is, “What is resisting an Officer without Violence?” The Florida Statute says whoever resists or gets in the way of any officer, member of the Parole Commission, county probation officer, or any other person legally authorized to detain you without offering or doing violence to the person of the officer, is guilty of this crime.

The next question Bradford is asked is what degree of crime is it? A felony? A Misdemeanor? If you are found guilty of Resisting officer without violence to his or her person you will have committed a misdemeanor of the first degree, punishable as provided in Florida Statute 775.082 or Florida Statute 775.08.

What is a Misdemeanor of the first degree? First degree misdemeanors are the most serious misdemeanors in Florida, punishable by jail terms of up to one year and fines of up to $1,000. That’s why if you have been arrested or charged with this crime your first call should be to Fort Lauderdale/Miami Defense Attorney Bradford Cohen at our offices at 888 COHEN LAW.

We often see individuals arrested for resisting without violence, only to find out that the person charged was badly beaten by the officers. It is important to get a criminal attorney as soon as possible to secure any tapes, video and audio of the areas that may have been taped to see if there is evidence of the officers not being forthcoming with the court in reagrds to how the injuries occurred to you or your loved one. Today there are so many ways to determine if the incident that they say occurred actual did occur, that an attorney will be able to assisit you in your criminal case.

Here at Bradford Cohen Law we want to help you in your resisting officer without violence case. We will aggressively fight the charges pending against you. Call our office at 888 COHEN LAW to discuss your case and let our law firm use our years of experience in Criminal Defense assist you in obtaining a fruitful resolution to your case whether you are in the Fort Lauderdale, Miami, Dade or West Palm Beach areas. Bradford Cohen has been very successful in defending these types of crimes throughout his career.