Federal Mortgage Fraud Criminal Lawyer Bradford Cohen does not just employ his knowledge of the law in this area of Federal offenses, but uses his intimate knowledge of real estate transactions and prior experience in finance to assist you in resolving your case. It is important to know that when is comes to Federal Criminal Defense of Mortgage Fraud that your Federal Lawyer will be able to determine the appropriate amount of monies alleged by the US government in the Fraud scheme. Not only is this important if the case is to go to trial, but additionally if you are to take a plea in your Federal Case, the amount involved will effect your sentence significantly. If our Federal client's choose to enter into a plea deal with the US government, our Federal Criminal Law office reviews your entire criminal history and seeks out any possible ways to lower your exposure at the time of sentencing. We have in the past negotiated a sentence that was 25% lower then the guidelines, after trial, without assisting the government in anyway with their case. We can help you with you federal criminal case call us today 24/7 at 954-COHENLAW or 954-523-7774.
18 U.S.C. § 225 (2005).
It is a crime under section 225 for a person to
- organizes, manages, or supervises a continuing financial crimes enterprise; and
- receives $ 5,000,000 or more in gross receipts from such enterprise during any 24-month period. 18 U.S.C. § 225(a).
The punishment for violating section 225 is
- a fine of not more than
- $ 10,000,000 if an individual, or
- $ 20,000,000 if an organization, and
- imprisoned for a term of not less than 10 years and which may be life. 18 U.S.C. § 225(a)