When it comes to dog bites there are several factors you should consider before hiring a Fort Lauderdale, West Palm Beach or Miami personal injury lawyer. The first consideration is does your injury attorney have experience in dealing with homeowners liability as well as the Florida dog bite statutes. The second is will they pay attention to the details of your case and get you compensation for the possible scaring and ongoing treatments that may be necessary due to those dog bites. The last consideration is the experience of the personal injury attorney you are choosing.
At Bradford Cohen Law our attorneys have handled homeowner liability cases since inception of the firm. We understand your needs to possibly receive ongoing treatment for bad dog bites and the recovery process involved. We don't flaunt our past successes, but we prove ourselves with each case. If you are bitten by a dog according to www.familydoctor.org you should do the following:
- Call your doctor for serious injuries of profuse bleeding.
- With soap and water, gently wash the wound.
- If there is bleeding, apply pressure with a clean towel.
- Apply a sterile bandage to the wound.
- Keep the injury elevated above the level of the heart to slow swelling and prevent infection.
- Report the incident to the proper authority in your community (for example, the animal control office or the police).
- Apply antibiotic ointment to the area 2 times every day until it heals.
Contact Fort Lauderdale Dog Bite Lawyer Bradford Cohen today.