790.01 Carrying Concealed Weapons
(1) Except as provided in subsection (4), a person who carries a concealed weapon or electric weapon or device on or about his or her person commits a misdemeanor of the first degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082 or s. 775.083.
(2) A person who carries a concealed firearm on or about his or her person commits a felony of the third degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084.
(3) This section does not apply to a person licensed to carry a concealed weapon or a concealed firearm pursuant to the provisions of s. 790.06.
(4) It is not a violation of this section for a person to carry for purposes of lawful self-defense, in a concealed manner:
(a) A self-defense chemical spray.
(b) A nonlethal stun gun or remote stun gun or other nonlethal electric weapon or device which does not fire a dart or projectile and is designed solely for defensive purposes.
(5) This section does not preclude any prosecution for the use of an electric weapon or device or remote stun gun or self-defense chemical spray during the commission of any criminal offense under s. 790.07, s. 790.10, s. 790.23, or s. 790.235, or for any other criminal offense.
History.--s. 1, ch. 4929, 1901; GS 3262; RGS 5095; CGL 7197; s. 1, ch. 67-165; s. 2, ch. 69-306; s. 739, ch. 71-136; s. 2, ch. 76-165; s. 3, ch. 80-268; s. 2, ch. 92-183; s. 2, ch. 97-72; s. 1203, ch. 97-102; s. 5, ch. 2004-286.